Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tears Of The Saints


And another delightful thing about the U.S: American Radio! It was so weird for me to turn on the radio here, a week after our arrival, and hear a song in my native language that I had heard about but never actually HEARD. Among many beautiful songs that have moved me very deeply since I got here, this is one of my favorites. Leeland is a relatively new (and young:)band but I've been very impressed and highly recommend them, for what I have heard of their music.

As with all songs, reading the lyrics isn't enough. The song doesn't come to life until you hear it recorded and Leeland's voice is one of the most grabbing aspects about the song. You can go here to hear it if you haven't already.

One reason why I like the song so much is because of the note of determination in it. The lyricist and the singer were able to capture both the pain and suffering of the broken world and an inspiring desire to "lead them Home." I guess this is also, perhaps, a vision of what the world could look like "if His people called by His name humbled themselves and prayed...."


TEARS OF THE SAINTS by Leeland

VERSE 1
"There are many prodigal sons
On our city streets they run
Searching for shelter
There are homes broken down
People's hopes have fallen to the ground
From failures.
This is an emergency!

CHORUS:
There are tears from the saints
For the lost and unsaved
We're crying for them come back home
We're crying for them come back home
And all Your children stretch out their hands
And pick up the crippled men
Father, we will lead them home
Father, we will lead them home.

VERSE 2
There are schools full of hatred
Even churches have forsaken
Love and mercy!
May we see this generation
In its state of desperation
For Your glory.
This is an emergency!

BRIDGE:
Sinner, reach out your hands
Children, in Christ you stand
And sinner, reach out your hands!
And children, in Christ you stand!"

Seize The Day!
-StrongJoy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Leeland, too. That's a great song! Sometimes we take stuff like radio for granted. I gave up music for Lent, so I REALLY appreciate it now that I can't have it. ;)

Unknown said...

Inspiring post Strongjoy and most relative to Easter 2008! I agree with your very thoughts - quote "I guess this is also, perhaps, a vision of what the world could look like "if His people called by His name humbled themselves and prayed...."
Thank you for sharing this song and your thoughts with us; 'stepping into the love gift of Christ - his death for our restored relationship with God'
I appreciate your spiritual growth and courage to speak / write as you do, and this Blog helps others who know the pain and become afraid’

Cheers - Peter (Australia)